Re: Descriptions of the Runes

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_pheasnt.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 22:36:51 +0000

I don't know for sure, but I suspect that descriptive text's easy enough to include as an alternate text for an image file, but what we normally use  and certainly what Zack is describing is a wingdings style font that happens to look like a rune. Much easier to incorporate in text aimed at the sighted and much easier to set up - I've done a few in my time. I don't think that kind of alternate text would be possible in most ebooks. Then again, that kind of wingdings font's not easy in an ePub or mobi book either, so they might need inserted images.