Re: Arkat and troll illumination

From: Glass <glass_at_panix.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 14:38:45 -0000

> There's a reference to dwarf hills in Kralorela that were defeated in
> the Imperial Age. The guide mentions a place called Saresangk which
> from the description of the people who now mine it sounds like it's in
> Bliss in Ignorance.

Thanks!

> > Who recolonized Curustus?)
> Good question.

At least the timing is relatively precise: we know they held out wherever they were until at least the 11th century, so in theory we can avoid looking for them in areas that have been relatively comprehensively mapped earlier.

> I don't think so. There's Uz in the Yolp Mountains, the Blue Moon
> Plateau and the Elder Wilds who never really went away.

Good point. I wasn't really thinking of any of them as being much of an influence on the Pelorian bowl for a very long time if ever -- the blue trolls are about twice as far from Rinliddi (for example) as Dagori Inkarth is from Boldhome, the wilds are farther removed -- but there may have been regular recent contacts we don't know about.

But Yolp is close and opens up interesting possibilities. We know they dominated the highland storm tribes a few hundred years ago, but what do we know about their interactions farther east?

Or even up into the Oronin valley where they might have had an impact on the Nysalor-rejecting glooms of Spol, and if so tell us something about Carmania.

Where did the dark men of the bright empire come from after the trolls themselves left?