Re: Arkat and troll illumination

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 14:14:31 +1200

On 6/7/2013 2:38 AM, Glass wrote:

> At least the timing is relatively precise: we know [whoever recolonized Curustus - PHM] held out wherever they were until at least the 11th century, so in theory we can avoid looking for them in areas that have been relatively comprehensively mapped earlier.

The trouble is I'm not aware of any significant dwarf populations that have been abandoned in the time frame. The aforementioned Kralori Dwarves were eliminated by Uz which places their demise no later than 768 ST (when the Uz were kicked out Bliss in Ignorance by the Kralori).

> Where did the dark men of the bright empire come from after the trolls
> themselves left?

Originally I thought they were the Kitori but Greg denied that many years ago. Now I think they are the Shadzorings of Alkoth.

--Peter Metcalfe