Re: Arkat and troll illumination

From: Glass <glass_at_panix.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 04:04:12 -0000

> The trouble is I'm not aware of any significant dwarf populations that
> have been abandoned in the time frame. The aforementioned Kralori
> Dwarves were eliminated by Uz which places their demise no later than
> 768 ST (when the Uz were kicked out Bliss in Ignorance by the Kralori).

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of.

Maybe the tunnel took them three centuries to dig all the way from the far northeast. Or maybe the Curustus dwarves are lying and were there all along.

Or maybe there was a secretive city that fell without leaving a mark on any of our early maps. I don't really like this idea because if secretive dwarves could hide their presence so effectively, why are places like Jord and Diamond Mountain still public knowledge?

> > Where did the dark men of the bright empire come from after the trolls
> > themselves left?
>
> Originally I thought they were the Kitori but Greg denied that many
> years ago. Now I think they are the Shadzorings of Alkoth.

I like this. I will probably argue someday for "Spol also" but need to do a lot more homework on proto-Carmania. Thanks as always.