Re: Merging Clans

From: Phil Hibbs <snarks_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 15:47:44 +0100

Well, other than "it varies", the way I see it working is that the Wyter guides the clan in mysterious ways. Patrols will be more likely to come across interlopers, because the wyter guides them. Some weaponthanes may be more "in tune" with the wyter than others. The chief will be more likely to make the right decisions due to the wyter's guidance and magical insight. The hunters will be more likely to find game, the crafters will be more likely to find valuable resources such as high quality clay or precious stones. I don't see the wyter as being like a booming alarm claxon that just warns everyone about invaders. Some might have obvous signs that are easily recognized, such as a flock of ravens when enemies are attacking, alynxes yowling when game is plentiful, strange ominous cloud formations when kinstrife is brewing.

Just my thoughts.

Phil.

--
Don't you just hate self-referential sigs?