Re: Conversion in Glorantha

From: Phil Hibbs <snarks_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 10:38:56 +0100

Pomeroi:
>Last Q first. IMG there is no such person as a "pagan", at least not in
>a way that he does not believe at all. You KNOW almost all gods any
>culture worships EXIST. This is a fact everybody accepts and knows. This
>far it is not a matter of belief.

You're misunderstanding the word "pagan". It has never meant "atheist". It is derived from the word for country people, as aginst town & city people, and in our world refers to non-Christians, who may follow other religions such as wicca, druidism, norse pantheon, or other spiritual practices.

In a Gloranthan context, "pagan" is a term used in the context of the Malkioni for anyone who worships a deity other than the Invisible God, or propitiates spirits, and probably mystics as well.

Phil.

--
Don't you just hate self-referential sigs?