Re: Yelmic Illumination

From: Glass <glass_at_panix.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 15:53:16 -0000

> So Daysenerus appears to be mean something like Before Senerus with
> Senerus being the name of some extinct sun god or bygone lord of light.
> Perhaps the Buseri means of constructing Dayzatar was used to
> reconstruct the lost Senerus which could account for the similarities in
> the name.

I could talk this crazy talk for days but have cut already cut many paragraphs as even less cooked than usual. For me the salient point is that the Stargazers *CAME* to Yuthuppa (Ivory Pages 84) at some point and (re)established the cult of someone we now call Dayzatar.

The star records are not my favorite field but we know "Buserian" bears the Z rune of Zatora (and Star 7) while "Za(y)teneras" (worshipped as Sky Creator in the Arcos Valley, "Ancestors of the Lenshi Kings") takes the Y rune and is invisible to the naked eye.

The Y rune in Dara Happan religion is interesting because, for example, in English it signals the transition from an "Ehilm" to a "Yelm" and from an "Elmal" to a "Yelmalio." We also know it as the old Truth rune of which "Dayzatar" is said to be the modern source and "Yelmalio" is said to have.

Amusingly in Dara Happan this rune is pronounced "Z" so when you get a Da-Y-zat(en)or either things start looking overdetermined or we just have to say Greg was in a phonemic rut at the time and all these things are placeholders.

In the meantime Western alchemy preserves this distinction in that sky-metal is "ZE-" metal, contrasted with the "EL-" metal sacred to Yelm and Yelmalio.

Wandering suns. And hey, we know the Kachasti made it up into Oronin, don't we?