Re: Orlanth Victorious and the Lunar Occupation

From: Charles <charles_at_runegate.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 11:26:13 -0000

My opinion, which may change after the Guide is ready...

If I was setting this up in my game, I'd say that there was a small squad of maybe 5 to 10 patrolling the environs of the hill, looking for major incursions, with a means of signalling to get real backup forces from Jonstown or Boldhome (this would take 2 or more days to arrive). But the real protection would be child hostages taken from each clan (or maybe only from the families of the tribal ring). So, IMO, the squad are there more to monitor rather than enforce compliance.

The magic boost, while present/accessible to individual Orlanthi, really only makes a difference in large scale magic that includes ritual preparation to focus it.

YGWV PS I'd also say that the squad wouldn't look too hard for individuals or very small groups going to the Hill, unless they are from Tarsh or another previously Orlanthi area of the Empire (who therefore understand the personal worship of the Sartarites).