Glowline and spirits

From: glorantha-board_at_rpglist.org <(glorantha-board_at_rpglist.org)>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 11:49:55 -0800

Hi Peter,

> Hi, all. I'm gearing up to play my first DP game in many years, and
> there's a rules question that bugged me way back when and bugs me
> now: Does a magician's spirit deployed outside the Glowline or
> Glowspot benefit from the Glow if the magician is inside it?
>
> My initial thinking was that the spirits would benefit, since their
> MgF is apparently linked to the magician's, but then I thought that
> maybe the Glowline should be a defensive benefit equivalent to the
> rugged terrain and fortifications of Sartar. Being able to keep the
> magicians inside the Glowline and project their power at full
> strength on to the Dwarf Mine is a pretty big advantage for the Lunars.

The rules specify that units inside the Glowline receive the benefit of the Glowline. Since a magician's spirit is a distinct unit, I imagine this rule would apply to them as well. Thus, it is the location of the spirit, not the magician, that determines this.

Cheers,

Stephen

The best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!