Hyperbole propensity

From: Stephen P. Martin <glorantha-board_at_rpglist.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:10:27 -0700

Hi Keith,

>One thing that I wondered about for other areas of Glorantha is the
>symbolism hidden in the maps - examples being the cow in Prax, the Bear
>shaped Sartar,

Hunh, it DOES look a little like a bear. I never noticed, and I doubt it was intentional. (I know the other three were.)

>and Moon shaped Lunar Empire, and the obscene Devil's Marsh. I tried to
>make similar effects on Carmania: Worion being a large bull, the Brass
>Mountains being a C come moon, and the Lake with Castle Blue in it being a
>Crown. In Teshnos I had the whole kingdom as a large blue elephant. A lot
>of these effects can be done with just the colour scheme.

True. The blue elephant is particularly cool.

Cheers,

Stephen

Stephen Martin
<administrator_at_glorantha.com>
Issaries, Inc., publisher of HeroQuest, Roleplaying in Glorantha P.O. Box 272914 Concord, CA 94527
Phone: (925) 680-8897
See our extensive web site at <www.HeroQuest-rpg.com>