House Rules for Dragon Pass
Greetings, fellow Dragon Pass fans! I'm told this is the place to discuss
rulesy questions about DP, NG etc. I see from the archives (back to '02)
that you good people have been thinking about similar sorts of things as I
have, so it's encouraged me to inflict on you twenty years worth of my
rules-tinkerings. These are our House Rules for Dragon Pass. Quite a few
new and untested - others are well tried-and-trusted. Can you tell which is
- No Defender Doubling: combats are resolved by each side rolling
- Casualties are just disrupted (Missile Fire, Dragonfights, Chaotic
assassination and sacrificing eliminate as normal).
- Dragonfights eliminate ALL units surrounding and stacked with the
- Dragon CF = 20.
- Assassins only kill individuals (must scout the stack first).
- When a Scapegoat is chosen, it must be an individual if one is present.
- Superheroes and Dragons do not give any units stacked with them immunity
from Exotic/Spirit/Chaotic Magic.
- Spirits are not allocated for "DSM", but assumed to be with their
magician and are put on the stack if it is attacked.
- Casualties must be selected from the the top of the stack down.
- Major Independents are allied by emissaries, not Diplomacy Points. Each
Major Independent allied to your opponent(s) gives +1 on emissary rolls for
other Major Independents. Androgeus will only ally if the emissarying side
has currently lost at least one home city. Emissaries to the Dragonewts
suffer a penalty of -2 on the roll.
- Diplomacy Points are used to buy-back lost units, even Spirits,
special and allied units. Each turn up to 25 points worth of units may be
bought-back and placed, during the Diplomacy segment. Replacements cost the
sum of their CF + MF +1 per symbol and, if their RF is non-blank, plus MgF
- Superheroes fight in combat with CF of 10, but cannot be disrupted and
cost 20 to eliminate as a casualty.
- Physical Magic adds to the CF of any units attacking in Melee Combat.
I'd be interested to hear your comments...
TTFN, Steve W
Powered by hypermail