Teshnan Gorgoma ?

From: a2230798_at_athena.rrz.Uni-Koeln.DE
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 1994 13:56:42 +0100 (MEZ)

Greetings !

This is Ralf Engels typing,

Peter Metcalfe wrote on monday about the distribution of the cult of Dendara and Gorgoma. A wonderful piece as far as I'm concerned, but I have one quibble with this:

	  ++++++++++++++++++++++++++

> to regions at the start of time. I do agree that the Kralori and Happan
> forms of the Cults at the Dawn are radically different (like Shargash and
> Tolat, Lodril and Solf, Elmal and Yelmalio).

What about Teshnos ? Or is this part subsumed under the mention of Kralorela ?
Dendara is not explicitly stated to be worshipped in Teshnos in the G:Cothw; in fact there is no women's cult mentioned apart from

  1. Furalor the Death goddess (possibly)
  2. Zitro Argon the god of old men _and_ women

What about all the younger women ? Are they subsumed in the Calyz cult ? Or catered for by the cult of the wife and/or sister (godly incest permittable ?)/whatever ?
Or even standard variety Dendara worship without the associated land god- dess, the latter only reached indirectly via the embyli (as was proposed somewhat earlier, I think by Joerg or Nils W)? Something even more complicated  ?
PLEASE, PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASE enlighten me, I might need this sorted out soon !

Ah, and by the way: Would the Teshnan "Gorgoma" still be " eater of horses", or perhaps the "malign eater of elephants" ?

> - --Peter Metcalfe

		Thanks for your reading
					Ralf