re: Far Point notes

From: Argrath_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 1994 21:57:52 -0500

Yoiks! John Hughes has, without warning, delivered himself of a great deal of notes on Far Point. Detailed analysis (or even careful reading) from this corner will have to wait until I'm done with the Galastar Peace Conference for RQ Con II and the upcoming local game. However, on first glance, I'm very impressed. One small quibble: you imply that some Far Point farmers use iron tools. This, of course, points out one of the biggest differences between Glorantha and Earth. In Glorantha, iron is a dwarven construct (or at least only they have access to fresh sources of it), hideously expensive, and innately (anti-)magical. Not the sort of thing one makes plows from.

    --Martin

P.S. Can I have a show of hands of people who would like to run the Galastar Peace Conference at RQ Con II? Don't know when that'll be, exactly. I do know I won't be able to run it myself, as I won't be able to attend.