RQ-Con 2 Post Con Notes

From: Shannon D. Appel <appel_at_erzo.berkeley.edu>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 1995 01:43:42 -0800

A few notes for everyone concerning Post-Con RQ-Con 2 activities. We do still have extras of both the University of Sog City Conference Guide and the Broken Council Guidebook. For those who don't know about the two books:

THE UNIVERSITY OF SOG CITY CONFERENCE GUIDE is the background material for the How the West Was One LARP. It contains lots of useful history on Malkionism and the West, as well a guide to Sog City itself, and some notes on the Conference and prominent personalities. 36 pg.

THE BROKEN COUNCIL GUIDEBOOK is the background material for The Broken Council LARP. It's pretty much a whirlwind tour of First Age Glorantha, including the History of the Council, an examination of all the First Age lands of Central Genertela and biographies of all the attendees of the God Project. 36 pg.

In the US (and Canada), I'll be selling them. They are $10 each. If you purchase both guidebooks for $20, you also get a copy of the RuneQuest-Con 2 Program Book, which includes short articles by Stafford, Petersen and others. You should make out checks to "Eric Rowe" and send them to:

	RQ Con
	2520 Hillegass Ave, #101
	Berkeley, CA	94704

In the UK, David Hall will be selling the books, and in Australia, MOB will be. I suspect they'll make announcements about how to purchase them in a month or so, since we have to send them via slow boats.

There are two more publications that will be coming out from the RQ Con 2 people before summer (hopefully).

First, we'll be doing a Post-Con book. This will include transcriptions of as many of the seminars as possible, as well as narratives from the LARPs. To put this book together, I need *YOUR* help. If you were in How the West Was One or the Broken Council (or both!), write down a few pages from your character's point of view, narrating the events of the LARP. Send that narrative my way, either by email, or by posting to the address above, and in return you'll get a *FREE* copy of the Post-Con book.

The narratives don't have to be that long. My writeup for Home of the Bold last year was only 2,500 words, and many were shorter. I would like to get writeups from as many people as possible though! If you'd like to do a narrative, I highly suggest doing so as soon as possible, while the events are still fresh in your mind. The absolute deadline for submissions is February 15th.

At the same time as we release the Post-Con book, I'll probably also put out a 'zine containing the information on the First Age that we discovered but didn't get around to putting into the Broken Council Guidebook. A First Age History of Ralios is definitely planned. I'd like to try and get everything together to do a good history of Arkat, Talar, Harmast and the Gbaji Wars as well, to put a capstone on the Age of the Dawn.

When David Hall gets settled back in the UK, he's going to send me some information on HTWWO (such as a list of players & characters) that will make it easier to write narratives for that game. Expect to see that in the next few weeks. Don't let the lack of said list stop you from putting your narrative together now though, if you can. Below I've included a list of characters and Council members for the Broken Council, to help with those narratives. I think the list of Council members for each phase is correct, but I did write it Monday night from memory. If I made any mistakes that you know of, please correct me. If you wish to get into contact with any of the other players, and don't know how to, let me know, and I'll put you in touch. I also have some listings of major events that I wrote down, if you need help, but I wouldn't worry about that too much. Reading several wildly different explanations of major events is part of what makes these narratives fun.

LIST OF CHARACTERS ANGARKO THE GOLDEN DIAMOND, who reunited the Mostali. Mostali. Ruler of Greatway. Robert Wolfe.

ARSTOR OF VARSTOLAR, who bargained for the seat of storm. Theyalan. King of the Somarin. Golden Tongue. Greg Fried.

ATHEOAN, who spread his people to the safety of the mountains. Wind Child. Ruler of the Storm Hills. David Cheng.

CHARMILLA, who embodied the peaceful darkness. Troll. Speaker for Halikiv. Xiola Umbar. Jennifer Piatek.

CRAGSPIDER, who brought Dara Happa back to the Council. Troll?. Queen of Cliffhome. Arachne Solare. Ann Merritt.

ERIAYALAIA OF THE VEIL, who assassinated the Only Old One. Troll. Queen of the Blue Moon Plateau. Steven Barnes.

GITA FLATSNOUT, who became a dragonewt. Hsunchen. King of the Reptile Hsunchen of Ormland. Chris Van Horn.

GOLDEN OVERSEER SEVENTH DIAMOND, who reunited the Mostali. Mostali. Nidan Ambassador. John Holmes.

GONN ORTA, who saved Dorastor twice and guards the new god. Elder Giant. Rob Mace.

HARADANGIAN OF THE STRAVULI, who united the storm followers. Theyalan. King of the Heortlings. Orlanth. Gabor Bartha.

HERKA THE BONE-GNASHER, who hurled the gorp hordes. Troll. Speaker for the Elder Wilds. Karrg. James Frusetta.

HOLY ESTOREX, who turned the dragon gold (sometimes). Pelorian. Yuthuppan High Priest of Dayzatar. Hans van Halteran.

SIR HOMALTAN, who kept the peace in the West. Seshnelan Observer. Mark Mohrfield.

IRON DIAMOND VOICE, who was the greatest warlord of the Council. Mostali. Warlord of Greatway. Doug Lenat.

IRON-SKULL FANAK, who found great wealth in ruin. Mostali. Foreman of the Council. Rob Moser.

ISIDILIAN THE WISE. who was the sun dwarf. Mostali. Foreman of Dwarf Mine. Mike McGloin.

KANORA THE MANAALKELSOR, who spoke for Earth in the end. Pelorian. Priestess of Naveria. Pam Carlson.

KESTINELM, who as the Bright Eagle Lord spoke for Dara Happa. Pelorian. Governor of Kestinaddi. James Polk.

KHORZANELM THE MAGNIFICENT, who died for Dara Happa. Pelorian. Emperor of Dara Happa. Yelm Imperator. Nick Brooke.

KWARATCH KANG, who slew the Emperor of Dara Happa. Troll. General of the Kingdom of Night. Zorak Zoran. Michael A. Derry.

LESTUS CREEPING IVY, who defeated the Zebra Hsunchen. Aldryami. Great Tree of the Ballid Forest. Flamal. Dave Pearton.

LOKAMAYADON OF THE BILING, who united the storm followers. Theyalan. Chief of the Talastari Tribes. Orlanatus. Richard Fenner.

MAKLAMAN OF THE OTKORIONI, who crushed the hill barbarians. Theyalan. Speaker for Dari. Humath. Michael Strathearn.

MARTALER THE BLAZING FORGE, who survived the great siege. Mostali. Ruler of Gemborg. Al Petersen.

MASTER HERDS ALLOSAURS, who dreamed of many new dinosaurs. Dragonewt Ruler of the Elder Wilds. David Chapin.

MATHIMAN, who became the Drunken Emperor. Pelorian. Governor of Darjiin. Antirius Manimati. MOB.

MIND OF THE GOLDEN DRAGON, who built the new dragon city in Dorastor. Dragonewt Ruler of Saird. David Gadbois.

THE ONLY OLD ONE, who unified. Troll?. Ruler of the Kingdom of Night. Argan Argar. Sandy Petersen.

PALANGIO THE IRON VROK, who alone wounded the Scarlet Bat. Pelorian. Governor of Alkoth. Shargash. Dennis Hoover

PENEMARA, who married two Emperors. Dorastan. Priestess of the Erinflarth and Speaker for the Oslir. Jim Ausman.

RALTOSAR THE AMBASSADOR, who was privy to the meetings of the Council. Brithini Observer. Kevin Jacklin.

RASTAZAR OF THE PENETELLI, who showed the ways of peace. Theyalan. Heortling High Preist of Elemalus. Peter Hentges.

ROOSTIN TRUEHEART, who showed the elves the ways of peace. Aldryami. Healing Water of the Tarinwood. Michael Gilbert.

SARATIN SEOMALE, who guarded Dorastor from the North. Aldryami. Light Son of the Talastar Forest. Neil Robinson.

SERI-PHY-RANOR, who brought the dragonewts to Dorastor. Dorastan. Governor of Dorastor. Dragon. ????.

SHARAN CHO, who gifted the Dragon Emperor. Kralorelan Observer. James Chapin.

SIBILANT TONGUE OF OUROBOROS, who found his true self as the Great Dragon. Dragonewt Ruler of Kerofinela. Bill Thompson.

SPEAKING WHEEL, who spoke for fire and became one with the new god. The Last Gold Wheel Dancer. Harald Smith.

TAHADA RED BISON, who single-handedly defeated Cwim. Praxian. Khan of the Bison Tribe. Waha the Founder. Jim DeGon.

TARIS SHARPTHORN, who was the eyes and ears of the Council. Aldryami. High King Elf of the Talastar Forest. Curtis Taylor.

THAT WHICH CRACKS EGGS, who sacrificed his power to free the dragon. Dragonewt Ruler of Ralios. Mark Gilles.

THORKTOR THON, who liberated Dagori Inkarth. Troll. Speaker for Dagori Inkarth. Kygor Litor. George Harris.

THRONA SILVERLEAF, who saved the Blue Moon Plateau. Aldryami. Speaker for the Elf Sea. Aldrya. Kristi DiClemente.

TORAL THE GOLDEN, who gave up his Council Seat for the sake of unity. Mostali. Aide to the Council. Mike Ciempil.

VARONAL ZOR OF THE KITORI, who first befriended darkness. Theyalan. King of the Kitori. Zolan Zubar.

VYROPE, who spoke for all and cares for Osentalka. Dorastan. High Priestess of Dorasta. Barbara Koln.

WAHNAKAR THE BISON HEIR, who was the most loyal man in Dara Happa. Khan of the Hungry Plateau. Arraz. David Hall

YUKO DOSTIPIKIS, who dealt in the tools of death. Third Eye Blue. Jeff Okamatoto.

COUNCILS First Council (355)

Air: Rastazar (Kero Finn's Necklace)
Darkness: Thorktor Thon (OOO)

Earth: 	  Saratin Seomale
Fire: 	  Speaking Wheel
Stone: 	  Iron Diamond Voice
Warlord:  Sibilant Tongue
7: 	  Seri-Phy-Ranor

foreman: Iron-Skull Fanak
warlord: Kwaratch Kang
herald: Taris Sharpthorn

Second Council (360)

  1. Maklaman
  2. Thorktor Thon (OOO)
  3. Vyrope
  4. Speaking Wheel
  5. Eriayalia
  6. Iron Diamond Voice
  7. Throna Silverleaf
  8. Iron-Skull Fanak
  9. Kwaratch Kang
  10. Atheoan

Third Council (365)

  1. Haradangian (OOO)
  2. Thorktor Thon (OOO)
  3. Lestus Creeping Ivy
  4. Speaking Wheel
  5. Mind of the Golden Dragon (OOO)
  6. Lord Angarko
  7. Vyrope
  8. Iron-Skull Fanak
  9. Iron Diamond Voice
  10. Taris Sharp-thorn

Fourth Council (370)

  1. Toral the Golden/Gita Dragonewt (Kero Finn's Necklace/SPR)
  2. The Only Old One (OOO)
  3. Seri-Phy-Ranor
  4. Speaking Wheel
  5. Lord Angarko
  6. Penemara
  7. Vyrope
  8. Iron-Skull Fanak
  9. Iron Diamond Voice
  10. Gonn Orta

Last Council (375)

  1. Arstor (Kero Fin's Necklace)
  2. Cragspider
  3. KanOra
  4. Kestinelm
  5. Penemara
  6. Lord Angarko
  7. Gita

Tutors:
Gonn Orta
Vyrope

I'm hoping to see narratives from everyone who played in the Broken Council and How the West Was One soon!

Shannon

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #98