Non-linear philosophy

From: Peter Metcalfe, CAPE Canty <CHEN190_at_cantva.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995 16:41:40 +0000

Nick:

>Besides, it was
>hot last June: my home PC crashed because of it, which was why I was writing
>characters in the office in the first place.

Baron Nick Munchausen now apparently wants us to believe that it gets so hot in England that computers can become cooked! BWAHAHAHAHA!! When he travels to Oz next year, he will learn what a real hot night is!

>> ... The Uroxi are too brain-damaged to tell the obvious difference ...

>... between someone who thinks Creation sucks (and :. turns up on Sense Chaos
>per your theory) and someone who doesn't (but who turns up for some other
>reason)?

That's correct. Think about it. I'm saying 'Creation Sucks' is a pathway to the 'passionate refusal' of the world's laws (in a manner similar to the eightfold path being a way to buddhist enlightenment). Thus the Uroxi senses the 'passionate refusal'. This refusal enables the Chaotic to obtain chaotic features if fortune smiles upon it. This IMO is not the same as recieving a feature from Primal Chaos Rune Spells ie most of the chaotics get their chaos features from the 'Creation Sucks' philosophy.

The Lunar who accepts a 'Chaos Gift' merely carries an 'odour of chaos' as an aftereffect of having been inhabited by an anima of chaos (which caused him to, say, sweat mustard gas). One who has eaten Chaos Slime or recieved a chaotic feature through loathsome rune magics also gains the odour by this way. This odour is detectable by Uroxi. The odour of chaos, IMO, differs from the 'passionate refusal' in that the former is not integral to the afflicted personality.

Sandy:

Peter M.
>> For instance, a Chaos worshipper is detectable by Uroxi beserkers,
>> not because he worships Chaos but because he feverently believes
>> the world sucks and should be destroyed. It is this belief which
>> the Uroxi senses.
> Er, no, I don't think so. Uroxi sense Chaos. Why don't
>Illuminates register as chaotic? Because they're not chaotic.

Erm, substitute chaotic for chaos worshipper. Mel culpea. Easy to get the two confused (ie an illuminate can worship chaos but is not chaotic).

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #109