Cults of Terror

From: Peter Metcalfe, CAPE Canty <CHEN190_at_cantva.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995 23:30:37 +0000

Sandy:

>>Chaos is a passionate refusal to recognize the limits of the
>>natural and moral universe.

> This quote from CoT is, I believe, incomplete and
>superficial. All chaos is not of this world to a greater or lesser
>degree. This non-participation in the laws of the known universe
>results in the chaotic responding to the world in a number of
>different negative emotional and physical responses.

Very True. I would have said 'most chaotics have a passionate...' or even 'chaotics appear to exhibit a...'. But then the guy who wrote the above quote in CoT was a God Learner. 'nuff said.

Harald:

In reviewing Lords of Terror

>Only the Crimson Bat fails to return in any form <surprisingly given the
>short reference to other cults of Dorastor at the end>

Harald! The Crimson Bat is not a chaos cult. It is an Instrument of Imperial Security which filfulls a well-defined social demand within the sphere of influence of the Red Moon. Besides, it's not based in Dorastor (this argument falls down if Ompalam, Jraktal, Seseine, Gark the Calm, Vovisibor are mentioned in the back, are they?).