Re: Glorantha Digest V1 #117

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 1995 10:15:12 +0800

>Talking about The East, has anyone out there done any work on Vormain,
>beyond the modest mentions in Elder Secrets and GoG? I've had some
>vague, open-ended thoughts about Vormain recently (mostly of the sort
>"Which parts of Japanese mythohistory to steal?"), but I'd be interesting
>in at least agreeing terminology with other stabbers in the dark.

        I would love to see more info on Vormain. The main problem with it, is that while it was intended as a psuedo-Japan, a lot of the Japanese myth, and the magic rules from Land of Ninja, seems inappropriate.

        The Ki magic from LoN, in particular, seems more of a Kralorelan thing (I guess that they could both have it). Vormain according to the few small hints about it in the Prosopaedia seems to have a system of magic based upon colours, not much like Shinto animism at all.

        One campaign idea I have floating around is to send a group of Kralorelan PCs on a 'Voyage of the Dawn Treader' style trip to the shores of Vithela (for some deep magic reason). They can visit Trowjwang, meet some Sofali, get dragged off course by Vormainian Tsankh pirates, get dragged into Vormain politics, then experience the wonders of the East Isles, in lots of short almost self contained single island adventures.

        Cheers
                Dave