food and birth for Chalana Arroys

From: Pinch Brian BD <brian.b.d.pinch_at_msmail.bhp.com.au>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 1995 14:04:03 +1100

Sandy Petersen

>> [Chalana Arroy vegetarianism] Then Brian Pinch agrees with me <<

It happens. :) In fact there's lots of stuff I agree with. I also await - like many others - for your wonderful griomoire postings.

<< honeycomb>>
<< It all comes to much the same thing in the end -- the only place in Prax that could support CA healers is Pavis -- it's on a river and gets regular trade from outside. >>

Another good vegetarian product is cactus, and grounding grains to make bread is also possible in a 'desert' environment. Some grains (eg wheat) are more preferrable than others. How else do the animals of prax feed but on plain grasses/grains? Besides what about the CA settlement at Horn Gate?

>> [ Chalana Arroy using an animal for aiding a sapients recovery ] Of
course, they couldn't kill the animal themselves, and they'd want it killed painlessly. <<

In a peaceful situation I'd agree that they'd get someone else to do it. But if they were the only person left capable of killing an animal to save a persons life..... My moneys on the Chalana Arroy killing the animal to save the person. However, I think we both agree a CA killing a person to save another is entirely out of the question.

>> My CAs painstakingly follow the rule that anyone Befuddled or Slept by
them is under their protection. As a result, when entering combat against enemies, they usually don't cast any Befuddle or Sleep spells -- they don't _want_ the foes to be under their protection. <<

In terms of healing enemies, one way to get around this, is for the CA never to get see the other wounded until it is too late. How sad, they cry, if only I could have been here sooner...

Truls.Parsson

<< [CA life precedence] people > animals > fish > plants >>

<< and thus CA would eat the two latter ones prefering plants over fish. And only
if _absoultely_ necessary for survival eat meat >>

I like the expanded order of precedence. I would still class fish as meat however.

Takehiro OHYAI
<< peoples > animals > birds > fishes > plants >>

I would have left birds within "animals". Because if you bring out birds, you should also separate out reptiles and I couldn't figure the appropriate place to put reptiles. If a CA is also an earth cultist then reptiles might be looked upon more favorably than birds but not otherwise, so I would left them as having equal precedence.

Chalana Arroy birthing technique:

Comfort Song is described as lessening the pain for the mother (and perhaps the baby) during childbirth. I think it does this by making the birth occur easier, thereby increasing the chance of a successful birth.

In game mechanics perhaps the experienced CA doctor/midwife could even pull out a special first aid roll and reposition the baby from a breech position into a successful delivery.

And apologies for terminology, but my expereince in actual 'childbirth' is limited to vets and animals. But I'm not sorry for reading too much into the rune spell.

Brian.B.D.Pinch_at_msmail.bhp.com.au
<Oh what a tanglde bwe we weave when our mail address doth change>