The Crimson Greg

From: R. Andrew Bean <ABEAN_at_GEEL.DWT.CSIRO.AU>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 13:52:38 +1100 (EST)

I had lunch with Greg and Sandy before Convulsions II at Leicester last year and Greg commented that his Doctor had told him that his wrists would never heal enough for him to start writing again at his previous levels. As a consequence he looked forward to becoming

"The Editor of Glorantha" (my emphasis)

Now this attitude may have changed since then but I know of several projects that are partially done and good candidates I think for Greg to look at and edit (but then again he may just toss them who knows ?).

Certainly writing in areas where Greg has worked before is going to be frought with danger and if Greg wants to change his mind about stuff that was written 10 or more years ago that is his option IMHO.

Personally I adhere to: "The victor writes the history" and so take everything written about Glorantha with a large pinch of salt. Also if Greg does change his mind then I don't take this to mean I have to trash everything that has been done previously. I can consider whether to accept it wholly or partly or ignore it. We can't take Greg as gospel because he does change his mind. There are no stone tablets in Glorantha, only suggested guideposts.

Greg is entitled to his opinion about Glorantha and so are we. Part of the whole attraction about Glorantha and RQ for me is there is no good or evil. No right or wrong answer. Just different points of view.

Nysalorian diatribe off :-)
Cheers, Andrew

PS Remember it also keeps players off balance if you don't adhere to published information 100% or keep conflicting views.

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #208