Kingdom of Logic

From: Peter Metcalfe, CAPE Canty <CHEN190_at_cantva.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 1995 14:22:31 +1300

Joerg Baumgartner:

>Hmmm. I know this is my personal and Heortland Aeolian coloured impression
>of the Kingdom of Logic, but I felt that the Kingdom of Logic knew deities,
>and had a bunch of all kinds of them in or around their Kingdom (hence the
>Brithos elves who reared infant Arkat, hard to explain otherwise, hence
>also their knowledge of the False Gods (failed, or fallen wizards)
>like Humct - the latter only IMO).

My current thinking on the KoL. Malkion and Vadel weren't the only Lawgivers around. The schools of the other Lawgivers were gradually absorbed by the Malkioni or the Vadeli. Given that Dawn Age Seshneg was calling Malkion a God, it's easy to see that these other lawgivers have been maligned as False Gods.

Perhaps the Lawgivers were arraigned in a court with Ehilm at the centre but each lawgiver had his own disciples.

>Malkion's kingdom of the Ice Age may well have been monotheistic, but I'm
>not so sure about the Kingdom of Logic at his arrival. After all, there
>have been logical "proofs" that a god, or more than one, exist(s).

um, sorry? The question is not whether Gods exist but it is Rightful to Worship Them. Malkion and Vadeli, IMO, saw no need for worship. As for the others ???

>>New problems immediately arise, as the Prophet's followers now know that the
>>other non-Chaos entities and peoples of the world have contributed just as
>>much as they did to its salvation.

>Do they know that? (This works also the other way round: do the Orlanthi
>know/accept that Zzabur contributed to the salvation of the world?)

Just the awareness that other people and gods (not Krjalki) to fought in the 'I Fought, We Won' battle. The Orlanthi wouldn't see this as unusual given that they are polytheistic but to the One True People, it will come as a profound shock.

>Zzabur is said to have cooperated with Kyger Litor at times. Would his
>Brithini disciples know?

Arkat certainly knew of this myth, IMO. He exploited it to steal the Secrets of Sorcery from Zzabur as spoken of in the Arkat Cult Writeup. Not the actual Kyger Litor per see but Zzabur learns how to overcome the Silence from some dread darkness spirit.