Sorcery Question still going

From: Takehiro OHYA <KFC01067_at_niftyserve.or.jp>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 1995 00:03:00 +0900

Takehiro OHYA here.

Sandy Petersen:
> The words "magical strength" are imprecise, and should have
>been corrected in editing. By "defensive magic" do you mean the
>spell's chances to blast through Countermagic and the like, or to
>overcome the target's MPs? If the former, the spell itself is the
>amount of power it has to blast through the defender's spells. If the
>latter, I use the MPs in the enchantment to back it up.

I mean "Countermagic or the like" by the words "defensive magic," so maybe "defensive spells" is more appropriate. My question about your opinion is the following. When you intent to cast a spell automatically to those who walks into particular area, it will be represented by the combination of Link Spell Condition, Attack Condition and Area-Effect Condition. If that's the case, how do you determine the "chances to blast through Countermagic or the like"? Do you still use the power of the spell itself and ignore the rule of "The magical strength" for its vagueness, or use this rule for only the case like this?

Very sorry for such a GLish questions...

Takehiro OHYA _at_ College of Arts and Sciences The Univ. of Tokyo

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #223