Educating non-Kralorelans

From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 95 16:51:18 +0200

Sandy:
>As I've said before, and now Nils clearly agrees, the Kralori believe
>that non-Kralori must engage in reincarnation. I wonder if they think
>that "good" foreigners can be reborn as Kralori. This is a possible
>belief for them, in my opinion, and may explain why they possess
>their education system for foreigners.

Fits my theory perfectly: I think that the one-year education in Wanzow is meant to turn the student into an initiate of the imperial cult (throught the exarch of Wanzow) so that (s)he can spend time in Kralorela proper without polluting the land and diluting its magic. Given the somewhat reversed direction of power transfer (from people to gods) that Sandy has posited for Kralorela, the average unwashed foreigner must be seen as a great threat: (s)he doesn't give back power to the land.

So an educated foreigner is now a worshipper of the inmperial cult, which is the main duty of a good Kralorelan. Now since (s)he is after all an unwashed foreigner (s)he can of course not go directly to Vithela upon death, but since (s)he does the duties of a good Kralorelan (s)he should be a step closer to getting out of the reincarnation cycle and thus be rewarded with rebirth as a native of the Empire of Splendour. Then at the next death, off to Vithela for the soul

/Nils W