Loki, Eurmal, Raven

From: Greybeard <Greybeard_at_nochet.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 1995 16:26:56 GMT

I must say that I had always seen Eurmal as Loki, a god of both fun and treachery, a prankster who doesn't know when to stop.

The Raven, who I feel must be a Praxian Trickster, seems more benign, and indeed I would have said that Trickster archetypes will differ quite radically from place to place.

A Trickster can also offer good advice, or unconventional advice, since being outside of the cultural norms they can look at issues afresh.

All humans know there is something of the Trickster in all of them.