Parg Ilsi, butcher of Twice Blessed

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 1995 12:15:42 +0800

>Peter M.
>>You forget Pars Ilsigi, Mad Governer of Twice Blessed.
>
> You're right, I did. But at least Pars Ilsigi is still loyal
>to the Emperor, whereas Chan Shu or whatever his name is is actually
>planning to subvert the Sun God himself.

        I was under the impression that the difference is that everyone knows that Can Shu is mad, and his madness is tolerated as just part of how things are in the Kingdom of Ignorance, cesspit of heresy and moral disaster that it is (at least from a Kralorelan point of view). While Parg Ilsi was butchering the inhabitants of Twice Blessed, only the occasional nasty rumour reached back to the Heartlands. When the nobles of the Heartlands discovered what he was doing, he was killed - officially, the Lunars could not tolerate a crazed killer like Parg.

        That is the official Lunar position, of course, and I would take it all with some scepticism. Quite possibly many of the Lunar high ups (possibly including the Emperor) had quite a good idea what mad Parg was doing up there - it is only officially that they (and the Yelmic nobility of Dara Happa, who for all their faults actually believe that a ruler has a moral responsibility to his subjects) couldn't tolerate it. I have for a long time had a vague idea for an adventure idea for a group of Lunar nobility and entourage, involving the rumours of Pargs return from his Lunar Hell, and eventually butting up against conspiracy at the highest levels of Lunar command.

        Cheers
                David