Heroquest movies

From: richardc_at_sypte.co.uk
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 1995 14:30:07 +0100

As everyone else seems to be having ago here is my suggestion for a heroquest movie:

CROSSROADS

:

No, it's nothing to do with the execrable British soap-opera of the same name. It's about a young man's quest to find the legendary lost song by Blues legend Robert Johnson and all of the heroquest elements are there in buckets-full:
:

The stepping over into another world appears twice: figuratively as the city boy begins to experience life on the road, and literally in a contest for his soul at the end.
:

The guide figure provides mystical aid: "This here's the last true mojo - I'm giving you all my magic."
:

If the film has a useful message to the Gloranthan heroquest designer it is that the although the quest may begin with one aim (in this case the lost song) it may involve the realisation that the true object of the quest is quite different (you've got to live the Blues to be able to play the blues).
:

Anyway it's a brilliant film even though it has got Ralph (Karate Kid) Macchio in it. Rent the video, buy the soundtrack,  wear the T-shirt.....
:

Richard Crawley