Elamle and Maslo

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 1995 13:39:31 +1300

Fantome:

Sandy Petersen had written about Elamle, which prompted Fantome? to ask:

>Can you please tell me the source references for Elamle as this type of stuff
>interests me.

Elamle-ata was described in 'Elder Secrets' as she was an Important Person during the Dawn Age of Maslo. Bugger-all is known about the Maslo although a geographical writeup was promised for the Pamaltelean special of ToTRM (When it failed to appear, I was most upset). The Elvish Jungle to the South was home of the Great (Elf PoV) Bygone (Everybody Else's PoV) and is also described in Elder Secrets. Furthermore we know that the civilized humans are divided into two groups: The Elf-lovers of the Elamle pennisula and the Elf Haters of the Onlaks pennisula.

The Elf Lovers would be quite peaceful except that they suffer a huge monster trashing everything on the littoral every now and then. The Elf Haters are now organized under the leadership of Hoom Jhis, the Dynast (which really means 'Bigshot' despite its connotations with 'Dynasty') of Flanch. The Flanchi are one of the Great Naval Powers of Glorantha and came close to dominating the Pamaletelan Coast but his massive Fleet of Conquest and Exploitation was destroyed by the Vadeli at Oenriko Rock. I think the Flanchi have a number of (one-sided) trading treaties with the Cities of the Elf Coast. I don't think the Flachi actually hate the Elamlites as such, they just think the latter are just deluded Monster Worshippers whereas one should aspire to be real Monster-beaters like the Flanchi and the (related) Kimoti.

All the civilised humans come from scattered Isles up further north, such as Loral. From what I have heard, they all are plagued by monsters (such as the _72_ headed hydra that lives on Loral) which they may worship, propiate (a la Kong) or simply go to war with. Some monsters were evidentally so terrible that some of the Isles sank (such as the City of Thinobuto) which prompted the migration southwards. There is also a Waertagi population on the Edrenlin Isles of the Elamle pennisula but they have no City-Ships and consequently are wimps.

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #4