Humakti resurrection...

From: Brian Tickler <tickler_at_netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 10:49:29 -0700 (PDT)

Peter Metcalfe writes:

>Only the die hardest humakti found in Dragon Pass and Carmania are unable
>to be resurrected, IMO. The Humathi of Ralios and the North War Wind of
>Pent are somewhat more liberal with ressurection as well as being more
>'windy'. I don't think the inability to be ressurected is an automatic
>consequence of worshipping the primal Death Rune. It may be a powerful
>tool for getting to know Humakt but that doesn't mean it's the only tool.

As a devout Humakti (Humath? Stop it...it's not honorable to make me fall down laughing when I'm about to separate your head from your shoulders...), I am appalled that such foul rumors are being repeated. Even supposing that any Humakti would voluntarily give up their ultimate reward, they would not exist in any numbers: they are too easy to dispatch with their swords lying in shards around their feet. Where is Ralios anyway? I've heard of it..."

Sorry for the late repsonse...I'm way behind in my digest digestion.

From a "rules" perspective (no hurling of foodstuffs, please), playing a campaign where Humakti are resurrectable would be obscenely unbalanced. Surely a RQ player/GM would never seek out such an advantage for his characters/players? Personally, I would never be able to play a "raised" Humakti; I would feel that the character was tainted.