And another thing...

From: Brian Tickler <tickler_at_netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 1995 15:07:17 -0700 (PDT)

To my way of thinking, calling a Yanafal Tarnils cultist a "traitorous Humakti" is similar (though not on the same order of magnitude) to, say, calling a Zorak Zoran cultist a "traitorous Yelmalio" or a Krarsht cultist a "traitorous Stormbull". Yanafal Tarnils (the God) ceased to be a Humakti the moment he was resurrected (although I was just musing that you could have an interesting discussion about whether or not he ceased to be a Humakti the moment he swung his sword at Humakt). Yanafal Tarnils cultists worship Yanafal Tarnils and have no connection with Humakt whatsoever (other than the nebulous relationship any Death rune cultist must by definition have with Humakt). Yanafal Tarnils is not an exact "carbon copy" of Humakt, he is a former Humakti hero who defeated Humakt by "cheating" and coming back to life. I've always been of the opinion that Chaosium did everyone a disservice by presenting Yanafal Tarnils as "Humakt without a re-usable Sever Spirit".