Lunar light, bleeding hearts

From: Carlson, Pam <carlsonp_at_wdni.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 95 12:32:00 PDT

Somebody asked who the lunar Light diety is:

Peter's answer: the Dara Happan deities are good enough for them -

I agree: after all, DH culture is a large component of the Lunar multicultural malange.

But don't forget that at the heart of the RG's mystery - her secret helper - her key to enlightenment - is Nysalor the Bright.

On another track - I disagree that with Peter's point that nobody nowadays appreciates the distinction between the Lunar Pantheon and the old solar one.
More MGF is to have some small, secret solar splinter groups - to join all the other small secret splinter groups in the Empire. I do agree that the conservative solars want to keep the same system but have more power - who doesn't? But to become really powerful in Lunar society, you have to join one of the Lunar leader cults - like the RG or the RE. Then you're vested.

>Only in the Storm worshipping provinces do the Red Moon Cults (Seven
Mothers, Etyries and Yara Aranis) come to be seen as distinct entities from the Solar Cults.

I run most of my Pelorian NPC's as Lodrilites/Dendarans (for the cultural identity, psychopomp, etc), and as initiates of a Lunar cult as a sort of occupational deity. NPC's from the provinces are usually "tame" Orlanthi/Ernaldans. A few, mostly from around Glamor & Kostaddi, are Lunar through and through, following the Teelo-Nori/Seven Mothers path. An additional few join no moon cults at all. This confused my Sartarite PC's to no end, who wanted a nice, neat defintion (and chaos detectability on the Uroxo-meter) of "Lunar".

>SANDY'S TOP TEN REASONS IT'S HARD TO BE A LAW-ABIDING MEMBER OF SOCIETY
Fabulous list! And precisely the reasons to set the campaign on the right side of the law. There's lots more role-playing.

As the player of the law-abiding "Konall Moose-Boy" in David Dunham's Ralios, it's much more rewarding to bop somebody on the head and have to stand there sheepishly when his kin come for payment than to run whooping off with impunity. Doing the right thing is much harder than being a criminal. And it makes you entirely justified when you go and slaughter the evil Naskori...

Pam