Re: attack?

From: Robert McArthur <mcarthur_at_fit.qut.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 10:16:57 +1000 (EST)

> Brian Tickler:
> > ... The fact that Yanafal Tarnils WAS a Humakti and attacked Humakt...
>
> Attacked? Yanafal was testing himself vs Humakt in a 'first
> blood' duel. If he had actually attacked Humakt, he would have been
> killed, as many times as was necessary.

Hmm, if it was to the first blood, and YT had to resurrect in order to 'win', surely H had to have drawn blood in order to kill him and thus would have won? Maybe these pagan rituals are beyond me...

> > Shield: Taking Shield away from "non-combat" cults has the undesirable
> > side effect of pushing followers of these cults into "character class"
> > boxes.
>
> I can't go along with that. You choose the cult you want, for
> the philosophy it espouses (or, for the types of magic, if you are a
> power-gamer; one reflects the other). If you want to heal everything in
> sight, you choose Chalanna Arroy. If you want to fight & heal, you
> choose 7 Mothers/Queen Deezola. Not as much healing, but Shield & True-
> sword are available.....

I see this as just another way of saying magic users get magic spells and stuff all else; illusionists get illusion spells and stuff all else; thieves get thief skills and stuff all else; etc. Cults would really = AD&D professions.

I'll take the "Sandy option" and keep the fun (as I see it, IMHO) in my game.

Robert McArthur