Re: Praxian medicine bundles; Golden Bow vs Sagittus

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_hamachi.pensee.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 22:17:13 -0700

Robert McArthur wondered

>Do any of the "ancient gloranthan gurus" (go Sandy et al) have any information
>about the Praxian medicine bundles:

I know Sandy, and I wouldn't call him ancient.

> comb
> bugle/trumpet
> cauldron
> stepladder
> crib/cradle
> scissors
> table
> pot/vase
> magnifying glass
> stirrup?/saddle?

Someone (Greg?) pointed out that these are almost all exotic things which originated from outside Prax, and aren't necessarily relevant to nomadic life (stepladders, tables, cauldrons are hardly the sort of thing you carry around on your bison). So they may simply be revered ordinary objects.

Frederic Ferro wondered

>Joerg Baumgartner conjectured:
>>The Impalas may actually have been absorbed by the Sagittus subcult
>
>I've seen some mentions of this Son of Yelm in Wyrms'Footnotes but
>can he be identified with the nomads'god Golden Bow or are they
>two different deities (one Pentan and the other Dara Happan) ?

Golden Bow is a nomad god, identifiable (in King of Sartar) as the Grazer's age group deity Jardan the Warrior. Sagittus is the Dara Happan god of the bow; he appears in Glorious ReAscent of Yelm.

David Dunham Pensee Corporation dunham_at_nw.pensee.com Voice/Fax 206 783 7404 http://www.pensee.com/dunham/

    "I say we should listen to the customers and give them what they want."     "What they want is better products for free." --Scott Adams