Gregging & Gloranthan (Meta)Physics

From: jhughes_at_mgdestmx01.erin.gov.au
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 95 09:45:19 EST

Howdy Folks

Read Eric Rowe's "When Arkat Was A Duck" on the weekend - originally posted to the Digest some time ago. Brilliant stuff!

And excellent idea-filled posts of late from Michael Raaterova, who translates his stuff in English for our benefit.

Thank you both, and keep it coming!

DEFINITION OF "GREGGED"? Sometime ago someone posted a wonderful "dictionary' definition of the verb "to Greg" and "Gregging".

I'd like to reproduce it in the upcoming MegaCorp Questlines collection (a fundraiser for RQ Con Down Under) as an introduction to a series of articles on co-creating Glorantha.

I'd be really grateful if someone could post me a copy, and/or direct me to the original authors.

GLORANTHAN QUANTUM (META)PHYSICS I've always held that in etic interpretations of Gloranthan physics, the Runes come about through the intersection and interaction of two base level wave functions: Belief and Will. Various interactions produce the range of Form Runes: later, further interactions between the wave functions and Form Runes produce a bewildering array of further Runic manifestations and Mythic Forms (constraining archetypes). Several steps down the path, runic decay leads to aether, spirit, matter and dross like ducks, God Learners and trollkin urine.

A secondary (doubtlessly heretical) hypothesis postulates there are in fact three basic wave functions: Belief, Will and Humour.

Or to put it another way, the Cosmic dragon sneezes/coughs/farts and the universe conjeals around the echoes.

High strangeness? In Glorantha, all physics are Metaphysics. What difference the dancer and the dance?

Cheers

John