Jonstown booklet pre-announcement; Yanastan

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_hamachi.pensee.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 21:55:54 -0700

I will be the North American distributor for the guidebook for the Jonstown LARP, which was held at the German RQ convention earlier this year. I haven't yet seen it, but I'm informed it's 40 pages, including local dignitaries, tribes, history, and essays on the Lhankor Mhy cult. The cost is $8, including shipping. You must send me a check (in $US, made out to me):

David Dunham
532 N 71st St
Seattle, WA 98103-5127

I will ship orders by the end of September. You must pre-order, since I don't expect to print more copies than orders.

And while I'm advertising, I'll mention my Gloranthan Web site,
<http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>.

I just received Tales of the Reaching Moon 13, and wish to correct a slur on a noble Grazer warrior. Yanastan's nickname is River Laugher. He earned it because of his death-defying skill with Swimming (few of the horse-bound Grazers learn this dangerous skill). And in my version of the Grazers, he would worship Jardan the Warrior, the proper deity for his age group. The rune spells would be quite different, too. It's conceivable, though unlikely, to find a Grazer who doesn't use a bow.

You can hear from Yanastan himself at
<http://www.pensee.com/dunham/yanastan.html>.