Trolls and Instinct

From: ANDOVER_at_delphi.com
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 1995 12:05:57 -0400 (EDT)

Since no one picked up my point about the Ruml in Gordon Dickson's The Alien Way (maybe I'm the only one that has read it?) let me repeat one of its observations: the Ruml acted instinctually where humans thought; and VICE VERSA. Sandy, with his humanocentric point of view, is stressing how trolls act instinctually where humans think (Language and religion, frex) but overlooking (or failing to mention) a point made in the original Trollpack: that trolls have to act in very complex situations which are far simpler for humans to deal with. There are areas in which trolls think while humans act instinctually! Jim Chapin