Black Fang...

From: Brian Tickler <tickler_at_netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 1995 09:05:10 -0700 (PDT)

Peter Metcalfe writes:
>Black Fang is _not_ worshipped by the Cult that bears his name according
>to RQII, he is merely an intermediary for some unknown god. As for

I've never seen or heard anything that even remotely suggests this...but, then, I'm playing in a fairly isolated group and only have printed materials and what I read on the digests to go by...

>Sandy's list of Divine Magic known by the Cult, it seems a bit over the
>top to assume they could be all gotten at a temple of Black Fang. I
>think the situation is that each ring in the Black Fang Cult knows a
>different Runespell for which the Shaman works fulltime. A person from

Why not just spill the beans? Reveal Black Fang and Lanbril as aspects of Trickster and call it a day... :)

>one ring can learn a spell from another but his ring must compensate the
>other ring with some deed, a muleload of Hazia etc. Each Shaman is
>supposedly equal but the one that maintains the secrets of Shattering
>is generally the strongest for obvious reasons. The system rarely breaks
>down as each shaman knows how dependant they are on the other shamans.

Especially with only a handful of Priest/Shamans. This kind of a setup would mean that only 1-2 very lucky individuals in all of Glorantha could readily get Shattering on a re-usable basis...