Eurmal's Fate

From: TheCam_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 21:33:11 -0400

Howdy!

A friend of mine just asked me about a card came that I "invented" one night many, many years ago during a RuneQuest session where I wasn't doing much and got bored. One of the other players and I started our own little roleplaying session in the background and, since our characters were sitting around doing nothing, I decided that we were playing cards. Eurmal's Fate was the game that resulted. The game has a Godlearner tint to it but at the time it was created, we hadn't heard of them yet. So, for your enjoyment, here's the message I sent back to my friend:

> Eurmal's Fate does have rules! If you remember, I even made cards for them.
It's
> basically Rummy but the sets are runes for a particular god or goddess. I
thought of
> it as a game to teach runic associations. The deck is made up of rune cards
and you
> can use any Rummy rules (Rummy, Rummy 500, Gin Rummy, etc.) but a set would
be, for
> instance, Air:Motion:Mastery (Orlanth, of course) or Life:Infinity (Uleria)
or
> whatever. You know, I just may have to make a new deck. I'll have to see if
I can
> find the list I had for the makeup of the deck. I remember that different
runes had
> different frequencies. I'll let you know if I find it.

Camo