Pentans and Praxians

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 16:58:11 +1300

Kevin Rose:

>My understanding is that the Pentan's are militarily superior to the
>Praxians. The Praxians normally lose stand-up fights against them, but
>the Praxians live in an enviroment so hostile that the Pentan's consider
>it a slice of hell. Hence the situation is normally fairly stable, with
>raids and similar stuff going on.

>The only real advantage I can see for the Pentan's is A)they have better
>bows and B) they perhaps have better magic. Is this the case, or am I
>missing something here?

I think the Praxians find it hard to live in Pent (aka the Land of False Plenty) because of the terrible Winters and the fact that its inhabitants are not in the Thanksgiving Mood to help out. So if a Praxian Animal Nomad clan tries to emigrate to Pent, they have got Big Problems.

The Pure Horse Tribe ruled in Prax mainly because it was backed by the EWF and the God Learners at various times which gave it a distinct advantage in magic and (metal) armaments. The Pol Joni's association with Sartar and Tarsh confers a similar advantage. Sheng (from what I have heard) may have made a successful incursion into the Wastleands but then again he was ruling over large chunks of Peloria which helped.