Heroes Toughness and DP to RQ Conversion.

From: Lewis Jardine <JARDINE_at_rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 1995 10:26:24 +0100 (BST)

Hi All

        Interesting discussion on heroes et al. My general view on DP stats is that they must be using a logarithmic scale. My tendency in these matters is to use the decibel system as it is the basis of BODGERS the simple one-dice RQ compatible system I use to run Gloranthan Roleplaying.

        Thus if we take Argrath, Dragontooth Warriors, Humakti Bodyguards Storm Bullies and co. as a strength 10 unit we find that they are equivalent to a full sized unit (1000?) of skill 100%.

        Harrek is however equivalent to a *UNIT* of skill 1000%!

        Thus Argrath is tough but takeable (especially from the Red Emperors point of view), but Harrek is basically untouchable. If people are worried about individuals who are so tough then they can assume that Harrek has some Wolf Pirates with him... (Not that that helps a great deal, he is still totally gross!)

Cheers

        Lewis

PS.> Remember the toughness applies to damage and magic as well as skill%.