KoW-and-neighbours

From: Durupt Jean <durupt_at_cc.ec-lyon.fr>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 95 11:27:12 MET

Hi all

I had always wondered where went the last trolls of Fronela. Sandy's last posting confirmed my hypothesis, that they are the core of the Kingdom of War. I think that Lord Death on a Horse is even an uzuz, learned in darkness and death magic.

In my my opinion, all Kow armies are mounted but the majority is only mounted infantry.
Their tactics of terror raids are efficient only if their foes don't have fortifications. It will work on Loskalm because the ban made them obsolete and costly. The same thing can be said for the city walls. Only North Point still has real fortifications, all the other town have only custom walls (to keep bandit out, and to force the mechant to pay the taxes), unable to stand a determined siege, even by amateurs.
In the case of Jonatela, well, the current instability make fortifications a must. The wariors are experimented both in single combat and in battle. They will be a thougher nut to crack. The best is for the KoW to ally with them, to make them take the worst casualties possible against Loskalm and then to invade Jonatela.

I think that among the people skilled in siege warfare, we can count on our friend the Darra Happans, at least to defend a town, well it's just my feeling..

One interesting clash will be the one between the KoW and the lunar empire, along the Janube valley.

BTW, I checked in GoG, and the fumble spell was forgotten, I'll have to invent a description.

        Jean