Lodril

From: Carlson, Pam <carlsonp_at_wdni.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 95 15:19:00 PST

Real quick - Lodril thoughts to answer Will Twist:

>but are there any other forms of craft which would be commonly practiced.

Craft pottery and craft stone, perhaps, because of the close earth and shaping connections. Not to mention the opportunities for firing pottery in kilns. Come to think of it, I think Lodrilli should be reknowned for their pottery.

> how does an allied spirit of Lodril manifest itself? As a flame, is it
similar to a small salamander or more like a simple candle flame?

Perhaps, though Lodril is more primal heat than fire itself. A Lodril spirit might be appropriately placed in a crafted metal item. In many cults, allied spirits are often an awakened animal. Lodril might use snakes, lizards, burrowing rodents or mustelids (imagine having a grumpy badger waddling after you). Perhaps a burrowing owl or flightless bird would be appropriate. I'm sure the sight of birds taking dustbaths would evoke a Lodril tale or two.

Pam

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #204