Re: Loskalm

From: Kevin Rose <vladt_at_interaccess.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 1995 15:36:41 -0600 (CST)

I'm thinking more of Loskalm as the state created by the French revolution
(minus the terror), with some oddities. Every adult male is expected to
be a member of the soldier class, although they are mostly still farmers/merchants/etc by profession and trade. Developing yourself is seen as a good thing. If you have the potential to be a wizard you expected to try.

Military mostly based on pike and heavy crossbow, with some heavy shock cavalry and an elite light cavalry. All supported, to different degrees, by organized combat magicians.

Not quite the approved version, but it's more fun for me.

The main problem in fighting the KoW is that you risk turning into the same sort of force as you fight. War as a process of cultural absorbtion, basically. Losaklm is likely to get changed a lot in the war.

Just for amusment,Lets assume the KoW has one percent of it's adult population in it's armies. (Historically high, but quite reasonable.) Lets further assume that one soldier in 100 is a adept sorcerer who knows tap
(Which seems a bit high to me), that means that each sorcerer needs
to tap 10,000 peasants each.

Kevin Rose