Re: dead gods

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 95 11:20:29 -0600

Michael R.
> Genert is dead and Ernalda is half dead - shouldn't it make
gnomes >harder to summon than sylphs, who were never touched by death, or at >least not in the same extent?

        I assume by "harder to summon" you actually mean "rarer". I don't necessarily agree. The air gods were touched by death in a fairly substantial way -- Vadrus was completely obliterated, and we know that the storm gods were killed in greater quantities than other elemental gods (or maybe it's just that their bones tend to be on the surface. Perhaps burrowing deeper would expose more types of metals?)

        Finally, if being in the underworld counts as being dead half the time (which is certainly a defensible point of view), then Orlanth is dead part of the time, too.

Sandy P.