KOW

From: ANDOVER_at_delphi.com
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 01:12:54 -0500 (EST)

Actually, I haven't said much on this subject, except for one minor intervention, but I too have found it enjoyable. If everyone doesn't take themselves too seriously, we don't have to have flame wars. I have learned something from the exchange.

   By the way, doesn't the pattern of KOW expansion on all sides but emptiness in the middle that Sandy argues for resemble a forest fire? If so, the proper response to the KOW is for all its neighbors to devastate 100 miles or so all around the KOW (firebreak) and the fire will burn out. This does NOT require a permanent change in the socities that do it, "just" some ruthlessness over a few years!

   Or is the pattern of expansion around a core of emptiness just reveal the KOW to be another intrusion of chaos into Glorantha? If so, there must be a really big hole in the middle: that's a bigger Heroquest than closing off Glamour! Jim Chapin