Re: Glen Cook (not very Gloranthan)

From: GAWINTER_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 17:05:40 -0500

>From: tickler_at_netcom.com (Brian Tickler)

>I would also recommend his Black Company series, *if* he would publish
>the sixth book! I've been waiting for it for years and have just assumed
>that he had some fight with his publisher and that it will never see the
>light of day...

I too anxiously await the final/next book but forget waiting, read them all.  Read the Silver Spike (a tangential Black Company book). Great color, great fantasy writing.

>If you know anything about this situation, I'd love to hear it.

Cook was still planning the sixth book, or the Third Book of the South as of a few years ago. He claimed to have most of it done but then thought it was too similar to the real world events of Desert Storm. I think he has just painted himself into a corner and is finding it easier to write Garret PI stories.

George Winter
gawinter_at_aol.com