Yet More KOW. . .

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 16:50:14 GMT

I don't see why I should be the only person on the list not to contribute to this thread, even if only briefly. One theory put forwards is that to defeat the KOW militarily, one must become as bad as the KOW , emulating their tactics and ruthless brutality. It is posssible that this has already happened and The KOW as the totally brutal threat that could wipe us all out at any moment is just being used by the surrounding states to keep its own populations in line (think 1984 and its "virtual" Wars).

Another suggestion for defeating the KOW is to take out Lord Death on a Horse, which seems to neglect the dificulty on Glorantha of killing mythically important leaders. (No one suggests the Lunar Empire would be permanently destroyed if the Red Emperor were killed, or that the threat from the Praxian Nomads could be stopped by killing Jaldon Toothmaker). If the KOW is so important to the Hero Wars, I doubt LDoaH can be killed, permanently at any rate. Another couple of ideas along this line are that LDoaH is the honorific title of the War Leader of the KOW, and the person who assumes the title could be killed, but a new LDoaH would immediately assume control. (May be LDoaH is a spirit of some sort who posseses the War Leader, this would guarantee consistancy of command, even when the current posessee is killed). Alternatively, with the pointed out ZZ-like apellation, maybe LDoaH is a Zombie figurehead for the real commander(s) of the KOW. In either case the truth would not be known outside the immediate top echelon of the KOW. - --

| Tim Ellis    EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk                             |
|              <insert witty comment here>                                |