Re: More Malkioni trivia

From: Argrath_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 1995 14:42:52 -0500

In V2 #269, Peter Metcalfe writes:

>The main mass of 'Old Malkioni' who had not heard of Hrestol during the
>first age were the Sedalpists on the shores of Pamaltela.

That's _proto-Sedalpists_, if such a term is allowable, and there's no evidence there were any in Pamaltela at the time. To quote from David Hall's "Orthodox Church of Nikosdros":

"Our beliefs were formed during the Time of Great Isolation when the seas were closed and the elves ruled many lands with terror and assassination. ... The Holy Law of the Seven Pens is our guide and code. This was written by the Sedalpi, seven holy men of Fengwal, during the Afadjanni occupation of Cerngoth."

Thus, there were no Sedalpists until the Third Age. What their ancestors believed is, in a word, obscure. IMHO, the Malkioni first came to Pamaltela in the late First Age as refugees from Gbaji and Arkat. They would have been, therefore, Hrestoli.

>...at the
>time of the God Learner intervention, there were damn few Old Malkioni/
>Froalar's way dudes anywhere in the world.

Quite agree with the conclusion, however.