Redwoods

From: Karin Goihl / Daniel Fahey <goihlk_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 1995 14:56:59 +0100

This is the first time I ve tried to write something on the digest so I hope it actually gets on and is useful to someone. To those of you who have been writing about Redwoods lately; why not look them up in an encyclopedia for info and ideas. They are quite interesting. They usually grow from broken off pieces of others. This results in whole groves being genetically identical. Redwood seeds rarely sprout. I am surprised at anyone, espescially Sandy, imagining that any Eucalyptus tree could be considered large when regarding Redwoods. I didn`t know that Eucalypts are smaller in Australia. I`ve been all up and down California and seen a lot of Eucs. I`ve also seen Redwoods. I`ve seen massive Sequoias and taller Coast Redwoods. Eucs are big, but tiny compared to Redwoods. The biggest Euc is still just a big tree. The bigger Redwoods are in another class. All older Redwoods have survived several large fires and are severely charred.
Greg told me that the Third-Eye-Blue people are a wandering cult of metal-workers. I think he said that they are probably shamanistic. There can`t be a kingdom of them. Brutality is always an option. Daniel Fahey