Sacred Time and Christmas

From: Mike Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 1995 11:40:51 GMT

Once, long ago when I was running a Gloranthan RQ game every week, it came round to Christmas in the 'real world' and Sacred Time in my campaign. To celebrate the coincidence I had the PCs encounter a portly gentleman dressed in white-trimmed red beside a wheel-less chariot out in the Praxian desert. He (having fallen through one of the holes between worlds) spoke no language known to them but managed to make clear by gestures that he had been attacked by something with huge horns and had something stolen from him.

Thus it was that they found themselves rescuing Santa's reindeer from a group of broo. They were well rewarded (having been good boys and girls) and then saw the old man hitch up his beasts to the wheel-less contraption and fly off into the sky crying (what sounded to their ears like): GIBBERISH, GIBBERISH! HO! HO! HO!

And a gibberish gibberish to you all too....

Actor and Genius.
AKA Theophilus, Prince-Archbishop of the Far Isles (Arms: Purpure, an open book proper, without clasps. On the dexter page the Greek letter Alpha or. On the sinister page the letter Omega of the same. Motto: nulla spes sit in resistendo.)

Ask me about the Far Isles Medieval Society: Better living through pan-medieval anachronisms.