RQ Con News

From: MOBTOTRM_at_vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 1996 10:51:37 +1100

G'day all,

Here's the final electronic communication to RQ Con Down Under Subbers:

SQUAWKINGS FROM QUACKFORD - THE ELECTRONIC VERSION Well, the big weekend fast approaches, and this is the final electronic communication before we see you all at the convention site, Bayswater Primary on the 19th-21st.

If you're playing in our monster freeform Home of the Bold, you should have received your character information and the rules electroncially over the past few days. I have also mailed out printed copies of everyone's character and the rules, plus the Rough Guide to Boldhome booklets. You should get these by the end of the week. If you have any queries about HotB, please contact John Hughes on (06) 288 0273 or by e-mail "nysalor_at_spirit.com".

Below is an invitation to our Registration Party, taking place on Thursday, 18th; and details about the convention dinner taking place during the Home of the Bold meal break on saturday night. In the snail mail posting I have included a map in case you're not sure where Bayswater is.

If you have items for the auction, please see Trevor Ackerly at the convention or speak to him now on (03) 9850-7479.

We are looking for a volunteer photographer for the con; please contact John Hughes at the addresses above.

A number of attenders still have not finalised their subscriptions (you know who you are!). Please pay the balance of your sub at Registration.

Don't forget your Trollball gear for Sunday!

We look forward to seeing you in a week or so!

Cheers,

MOB & John & Andrew

CONVENTION TIMETABLE Thursday 18th January
7.30 - 11.30 Registration Party at MOB's House (see below)

Friday 19th January

12.00 - 12.30 	Registration
12.30 - 3.30  	Gaming Session #1
4.00 - 7.00  	Gaming Session #2
7.45 - 8.15	Official Welcome and Introduction
8.15 - 11.00  	Gaming Session #3
8.15 - 9.15  	Seminar:  HeroQuesting
9.15 - 10.15  	Orlanthi Storytelling Contest
10.15 - 11.00  	Stafford Reads

Saturday 20th January
9.00 - 12.00  	Gaming Session #4
9.00 - 10.00  	Seminar:  Campaign Myth Management - Hit and Myth
10.00 - 11.00  	Seminar: Call of Cthulhu
11.30 - 12.00   	Seminar: Introducation to Glorantha
12.00 - 6.00  	Home of the Bold Freeform
12.00 - 3.00  	Gaming Session #5
3.00 - 6.00  	Gaming Session #6
6.00 - 7.00  	Convention Dinner (see below)
7.00 - 10.00  	Home of the Bold Continues
7.00 - 10.00  	Gaming Session #7

Sunday 21st January
9.00 - 12.00  	Gaming Session #8
9.00 - 10.00  	Seminar:  Get your RPG Publioshed & Meet Tales/Fanzine Panel
	Seminar:  Elric/Stormbringer
10.00 - 11.00  	Seminar:  Nick Brooke's Cultural Exchange
11.00 - 12.00  	Seminar:  Lunar Tunes
12.00 - 1.00  	Live Action Trollball
1.00 - 4.00  	Gaming Session #9
4.30 - 5.30  	Seminar:   Pendragon Pass
                 	Seminar:   Nephilim
                 	Seminar:   Great Southern Land (Pamaltela)
5.30 - 6.00  	Eat at Geos
6.00 - 6.30  	Seminar:  Stafford's Address
6.30 - 7.00  	Lore Auction
7.00  - 7.30  	Auction
7.30 - 8.00  	Prize Giving

Note: Slight changes may be necessary to the timetable above. Individual scheduling of tournaments takes place at registration.

RQ CON DOWN UNDER - REGISTRATION PARTY Bloody Jeff, the RQ Con mascot, invites you kick off the con at the Registration Party.

7.30pm, Thursday, January 18th
Location: Michael O'Brien's house, 48 Barcelona Street BOX HILL Vic 3128 (Melways Ref: 47 F10)

Take the opportunity to meet Greg Stafford and our other special guests informally, get your registration memberships (including final Home of the Bold packs), and book session times for tournaments.

**Please note: MOB will be calling it stumps at 11.30pm:- we've got a con
to set up in the morning!

Bloody Jeff says:
"BYO booze. And bring along some chips or nibbles if yer can!"

e-mail rvsp: "mobtotrm_at_vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au"

SATURDAY NIGHT CONVENTION DINNER Based on the responses on the Membership Form, we have booked a spit roast to take place during the one hour Home of the Bold dinner break on Saturday night, 20th. Dinner begins at 6.00pm at the covered seating area near the school hall.

**All convention attenders are welcome to join in the dinner!**

The cost of the dinner is only $10.00.

Please pay at Registration and receive your dinner card- please note that places are *strictly limited* to 60.

Menu
3 Roasts - Lamb, Beef, Pork
Roast Potatos with sour cream and cheese 6 Salads & Fried Rice
Breadsticks
4 Desserts
Tea & Coffee

CONVENTION RULES Just a quick reprise!

We greatly appreciate the school council's permission to use the Bayswater Primary for RQ Con Down Under. It is essential that all attenders keep the following rules in mind:

*Badges*

Please keep your registration badge on while at the con. If you ain't wearing it, we'll assume you're on the school grounds for some nefarious purpose other than roleplaying and we'll ask you to leave...

*Bricks and Mortar*

Please look after the convention venue, and keep out of areas that are obviously out-of-bounds (eg. offices). Several hundred kids will be descending on the school a week after, and we need the school to be in tip-top shape for the little blighters.

*Smoking & Drinking*

Hey, this is a Primary School, and even though there'll be no kids around at the time, smoking, consumption of alcohol and the taking of weird, mind-bending drugs is not permitted by order of the Directorate of School Education.

*Weapons*

...nope, although we encourage legitimate game props, eg. inflatable toys, balloons, rubber chickens, plastic (ie. toy) swords, and the like, particularly for Home of the Bold and Live Action Trollball.

Enquiries and Further information:
Andrew Bean      "zbraun_at_minyos.xx.rmit.EDU.AU"    (03) 9687 5523
Michael O'Brien  "mobtotrm_at_vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au"  (03) 9899 8539
John Hughes      "nysalor_at_spirit.com"              (06) 288 0273

Cheers
'
MOB