ZZ's eyes

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 11:43:21 +0800

>FWIW The representation of Zorak Zoran has the Third Eye is used by
>non-Trolls who deny his trollish ancestry.

        Do human worshippers of ZZ necessarily deny his trollish ancestry? I imagine the human ZZ/Arkati do not deny his trollish ancestry, for example, they just don't think its important.

> The trolls dont
>particularly care about eyes (cf the lack of attention paid to them
>in the non-troll Kyger Litor initiation ceremony). I'm not aware of
>the reason why ZZ has three as the only association that springs to
>mind is enlightenment (which I reject for obvious reasons).

        While I think its quite interesting..... Zorakarkat? I can see there being illuminated ZZers due to this connection (probably illuminated sorcery using ZZers), and I am sure they are a Nysalorians worst nightmare. ('I know what you are, and I am here to kill you').

> I'm not
>sure any troll would recognize ZZ and XU as being Not-Trolls

        I agree - I think that they think ZZers are non-trolls about as much as humans think Humakti are non-humans.

        I agree with fire = evil for trolls. Fire to trolls is the thing to be afraid of, and fire magicians are the classic evil magicians (much as necromancers and diabolists are to humans). They even view smiths with great suspicion due to their association with fire.

Erik said that the Lords of Terror write up refers to scorpion men as "she"
>probably out of a sense of political correctness

        I refer you to the Nephilim rulesbook, which uses feminine pronouns exclusively, and claims in the front that they are used 'because players of the game are expected to be exclusively female, and not because we are some kind of PC nazis'. But seriously, I like the scorpion maid terminology.

        Cheers
                David
Computing Officer    |"Our machines are disturbingly lively,
Arts Faculty UWA     |and we ourselves frighteningly inert."
davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au |			-Donna Haraway

>Microsoft, meanwhile, denies that the problem exists.

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #389